With the different problems with the economy, we should learn how to spend our money wisely and invest it carefully. This is the reason why I like to share some tips on how to have a website that will only cost you $2 to $8.
If you want to have a website with a .COM domain then this steps might cost you an $8 but if you can live with .INFO domain then $2 would be enough.
- First thing that you need to do is to register a domain. I register my domains at GODADDY and look for a GODADDY promo code (like cjc749fat which will expire this 02/28/10) so that I could register a $7.49 .COM. If you will not use a promo/coupon code, you’ll pay for $10 for a domain name.
- After that, register an new account on BLOGGER.COM.
- Go to the settings page of the Blogger’s dashboard and click Settings->Publishing->Custom Domain
- You’ll see the following screen. Click on the “Switch to Advance Settings”
- Type the domain name that you registered on step 1 on the “Your domain” textbox then Click Save Settings.
- Next, sign-in to your domain registrants account then go to the domain manager of your domain name, as shown below:
- On the domain manager, go to the “Total DNS” window.
- From the Total DNS Window, click “Add New A Record” and fill-up the host name with your domain name (yourdomainname.com) and type in the “Points to IP Address” the number 184.108.40.206. Repeat this step for IP Addresses > 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. See the sample configuration below:
- Then add or edit the WWW alias from the CNAME record and fill-up the “Point to hostname” with ghs.google.com. You can read http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55373 for information about this setting.
After you’re finished with this configuration, you need to wait a couple of hours or less before the new DNS control settings are applied. When the changes takes effect, you’ll see that when you visit your new domain, it will use your blogger account. You can now modify the template of your site to suit to the niche or topic that you want to be featured by your new site.
For more question about this stuff, you can leave your comment below and I will try to reply to the inquiry. Good luck and happy blogging!