One of the changes made by Google in their ranking algorithm is adding the page speed of a website on their signals for considering websites to position well in the SERPs. There are a lot of stuff you can do with your WordPress site or blog to decrease its response time (less response time, the faster the website). I usually use plug-ins like Super Cache and Hypercache to make my sites to load much faster.
However, I shift to W3 Total Cache because its a complete package of caching system for WP blog and that includes the implementation of Content Development Network (CDN). Now, if you want to implement CDN to your site, you can follow the following steps:
- Sign-up for an account on MAXCDN. It is a CDN provider which will cost you about $39.95 for 1TB or 1,000 gigabyte of bandwidth.
- Then, install a W3 Total Cache. Make sure to disable and uninstall other caching system before doing this.
- Other the CDN option of W3 Total Cache, select the Mirror option and enable the CDN.
- Go to your MAXCDN account and create a zone. The recommended type of zone that you should create is a Pull Zone. A Pull Zone automatically fetch files from your website and create a mirror of it.
- Then, you will be asked by MAXCDN to create a CNAME entry on your site. This is done on the CPANEL of your website under Simple DNS Editor. Get the “entry” from MAXCDN and create your own custom CDN domain.
- Fill-up the CDN domain from the option of W3 Total Cache under CDN. Test if it works and if it does, you’re done.
After you implement this, you’ll see the improvement of the speed of your site and eventually an increase in the ranking / position of your website on search engine result pages (SERPs).
If you have any question regarding this, you can leave your comments below and I will try to response as soon as possible to your queries. For SEO Consultancy or SEO Services such as link building services, article and press release distribution and price package, you can contact me via my email found on the About page of this site.